Saturday, May 11, 2013

Zofia: The Sheer Lace Fash-hole





Photography by Buck Wilde

Happy May Fash-holes! Spring has finally fully sprung (with showers and all) and I am so excited for Spring fashion. For me, Spring means dresses, layers and romance. And this outfit perfectly combines all three.  I loved this dress the second I found it (at a Marshall's in Seattle, thank you very much) because I am really digging the sheer panels on skirts and dresses that is trending right now. But when I tried it on, I wasn't sure I was going to keep it. Then once I styled it up with some chunky jewelry, stacked bangles and rings on, added my favorite brown ankle boots and cropped denim jacket, I was back in the game! This is why I don't try on at stores often. I feel like you get a better sense of how you will wear a garment when at home where you can play with it a bit.

I'm also excited to feature some of this jewelry as it is newly acquired items passed down from my Babcia (Polish for grandmother). My Babcia passed away in February and I was in Seattle for her memorial a couple of weeks ago when we went through her jewelry. Now, my Babcia was incredibly stylish and is definitely an inspiration to me (especially after seeing old photographs of her in her 20s...she was stunning and impossibly chic) so getting to rock some of her original pieces is very special. I only hope I can do them justice! Learn where to shop my look here:

What I am wearing
Jacket: American Eagle (get the look here)
Dress: AUW (get the look here or here)
Boots: Lucky (get the look here or here)
Bag: H&M (get the look here
Necklace: vintage from my Babcia (get the look here or here)
Bracelets: mix of gold and silver, vintage and gifts (get the look here or here)
Rings: from L to R: Tselaine, Babcia's, Babcia's, gift, engagement ring from Max Weiner (get the look here or here or here)
 
Follow on Bloglovin   

2 comments:

  1. Zofia, you look AWESOME. That dress is really cute, glad you decided to keep it. You ROCK Babcia's jewelry, she would be so proud of your stylishness. Love you, Ciocia Monika (Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ciocia Monika! I'm glad I kept it too. And thanks for saying that about Babcia. It means a lot! And I am obsessed with the jewelry I got. I wear at least one piece a day :) xoxo

      Delete